Thursday 17 May 2012

Walking on Air

What do you do about those shoes which are hard in the sole area?  Sometimes shoes have little lumps of glue which just poke into you, or they are just hard, period.  Today's post is a quick make-your-own item.

So I have some shoes which although flat, are quite hard on the soles of the feet.  I tried putting in some insoles, but they were a bit thick and made the shoes a lot tighter. 

Then, I spotted this:
Pink Calico - Styro Sheet

This is a sheet of that bumpy squishy plastic that is used to wrap electronics.  My thrifty self thought it might work if I cut out a sole shape.
Pink Calico - Styro Soles

Voila!  Sooo comfy!  The shoes felt like new Docs!  You can see after a day of use how they really cushioned the feet.  And they don't eat up all the foot room.  Very pleased with this cheap way to add instant air pillows to my shoes.  And a way to re-use/recycle too!


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a quick last minute fix, am so happy it worked!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is such a simple solution and an idea worth sharing. I'm going to tweet it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thrifty idea and super easy DIY. Thanks for sharing!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea,I had a pair once with a lump of glue under and the were painful to walk in ,I will remember this for next time :)would love you to link this prodject up to our creative Mondays linky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done! I wasn't sure if it was sufficiently creative enough. Thanks for dropping by and commenting!

      Delete