Monday 14 May 2012

Argyle-icious

When you go to the dentist, they always have you lie back in that chair and then tilt it backwards.  So, today, I left my hair down again for just that reason.  

Ever since the face plant last month, between dentist, periodontist and prosthodontist, I've been about 5 times already.  There's another year or so of dental work required so you'll probably see more loose hair styles for a bit.

Today's outfit is my usual tube-waist skirt but with a bright argyle vest.  The vest is from the mercadillo in Spain and I just put a Costco t-shirt under it.  I am still wearing thick tights - although the scabs have all healed up nicely, there are still dark bruises on my knees which you can even see under the tights!

I even had a jacket but it was a bit hot for the weather, so I ended up carrying it everywhere.

Linking to Patti's Visible Monday and Monday Mingle at Momtrends.

8 comments:

  1. this post hits on a problem I've thought about but never articulated--the way a ponytail interferes with our heads! I had no idea that the face plant had entailed so much dental work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Terri - I heard that there was a concept car with a hole in the headrest for ponytails! Not sure if they went with it or not.

      As for my teeth - they were fractured and have to be pulled ... not a happy camper at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Like Terri, I didn't know you had to have so much dental work, either - sorry to hear it, Narda! Your hair does look very pretty worn down and loose. I hope your day is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti, I didn't realize either until about a week after the fall - when my teeth got wobbly. At least I don't have to put my hair up all the time now!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing on Monday Mingle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jill!
    There should be a way to flatten ponytails when necessary...

    ReplyDelete