Thursday 31 May 2012

Blogger Appreciation !!!


So the fabulous Sheila of Style Agent 909 kindly awarded me the Blogger Appreciation Award!   Thank you Sheila!

I've seen this award in the blogosphere and often wonder how it started, and whether or not the first person to get it is still blogging today?

The idea is to answer four questions and then pass on the award to someone else. 

The actual rules are:

1.  Thank the person who nominated me by linking his/her blog.
2.  Answer the four questions below
3.  Award the Blogger Appreciation Award to fellow bloggers
4.  Let the Bloggers know that you have nominated them.

So here goes: 

How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging about 6 months ago. 

Why did you start blogging?
I'm not sure why => I've been a blog reader (or lurker, haha) since about 2005. Then in 2006 when Twitter came along it was called micro-blogging and I tried the mini 140 character tweets, but didn't really like it. So I decided to try "real" blogging.

I try to refashion / macgiver things and the original idea was to blog about that and to chronicle my weight loss journey.  We are all getting laid off at my place of work next year and I set the final day as the target day for a new me.  But being a full time worker who commutes 2 hours daily, there's not a lot of time for refashion projects, and there is only so much you can say about trying to lose weight.

I have for years "logged" wardrobe choices in my agenda, and have a dream of cataloguing my clothing in some sort of database, so decided to mix that in too, et voila ... Pink Calico was born.

What type of blogs do you like to follow/read?
All sorts! Sometimes just using the "next blog" button will lead to an interesting read, but my favourites are:
  • fashion / what i wore / thrifting
  • refashion / crafting / sewing
  • living in Spain
  • IT, technology blogs
  • blogs of people I actually know
  • and if I like a blogger's writing style, then I will quite often read the blog, no matter the subject

What is the one thing you’d like to improve on as a blogger?
There are so many things I would love to improve.  The most important right now is probably my writing; years of writing user manuals and work aids as part of work has given me a slightly more formal tone.

And now the best part:  passing on the Blogger Appreciation Award!  There's no indication as to how many people to tag, so I will pick a few. 

Karla at My Serendipitous Life has an amazing blog filled with craft projects, recipes and random posts on life. She hasn't been blogging that long, but has already developed a following.  Her projects are all very professional, and her blog looks really nice. 

Sonya at Sonya's Mixed Media is sooo creative.  Her blog is chock full of her wonderful paper creations.  If you normally only read fashion blogs, this is a good introduction to something new.  It's full of colourful pictures and Sonya's imagination.
 
Finally, for a thrifty clothing blog, Grunge Queen is a great read.  She has an  eye for thrifty buys and her style is that fabulous timeless mix of old and new that we all aspire to.  Plus, she is moving to France! so we might see some posts on finds from fabulous French flea markets.


8 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks, Narda for the kind words and nomination, I will participate (once I finish my packing today, lol). Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kelly: You deserve the nomination - I always check your blog to see what you've styled!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination Narda! You're too kind. :)

    By the way in answer to your question in case you don't read it on my blog is I live in a desert area. So yes, it's fairly nice out year round. :) Summers are WAY TOO HOT, for me to sit outside though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Karla! Ooh, I love a desert climate - we are thinking of moving eventually to some place hotter.

      Delete
  3. Thankyou so much for nominating me. WOW! i would love to partisipate and pass the award on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Sonya! I love how your blog is concentrated on your work with paper now.

      Delete