Tuesday 15 May 2012

Baroque and Old Gold

Do you ever in your shopping excursions buy something that you think you will hardly ever use, but you buy it anyway because you LOVE it?

So it was with this handbag. I don't know whether it was the baroque fabric or the old gold look of the hardware - it just caught my eye. 

Pink Calico: Baroque Purse

Even the innards were a pretty leopard print, and it came with a little compact mirror too.  I couldn't put it down.  It might've actually called to me until I bought it.  Does that ever happen to you?

Pink Calico: Baroque Purse

I've used it only once because it is a touch smaller than I like; since it was only $6 and there was 50% off on top, I still think it is a good buy.  Have you bought stuff that you just love but don't actually use?


12 comments:

  1. Yes, I buy all kinds of stuff...and tell myself I'm waiting to use it. I totally understand your attraction to this bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy lots of stuff too, it's like an addiction ...

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah! I'm familiar with that experience. I usually do use it at some point, but I know when I get that feeling that I better buy the item or I'll be kicking myself and loosing sleep for not getting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila: Yes! don't you hate it when you go back and it's gone?

      Delete
  3. love the first bag!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jas! and thanks for stopping by to comment!

      Delete
  4. Oh things call tome all the time - and I normally buy them! I like the bag, a nice mix of pretty and rick n' roll. I bet you'll wear it with just the right outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I just take it out to look at it!

      Delete
  5. I find I do buy things impulsively at the thrift stores because I think they are a great buy! Since I have started my blog, I have be able to look a things differently, and that is why I love my DIY Wednesdays. Sometimes, I take those buys and make them into something I might use more often. Thanks so much for joining my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie! I AM trying to make/refashion more now, but still learning. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. That bag has such an antique and baroque feel to it..

    I'v plenty of things i've bought on a whim and like to look at in my closet:)

    Would you like to follow each other?:)
    Shubhi's Revels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shubhi! I know right? Sometimes I just can't resist those pretty things. Sure! I'd love to follow you!

      Delete