Monday 21 May 2012

Birthday Colours

Today in Canada, it's Victoria Day, a stat holiday (bank holiday in UK, not sure what it's called in US) to celebrate the Queen's birthday.  It's not really her birthday, just the day that we recognize that the Queen does have a birthday.

While surfing the 'net the other day, I read an interesting post about wearing your colours. I thought it had to do with our colour season (Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall), but no. In Thailand, everyone has a birthday colour, and it's supposed to be lucky if you wear your colour on your birthday or on special occasions.

I did an image search in Google to find some colour examples. There are all sorts of shade variations, and lots of different styles, so there is something for everyone.

Monday - Yellow
Tuesday - Pink
Wednesday - Green
Thursday - Orange
Friday - Blue
Saturday - Purple & Black
Sunday - Red




My birthday colour is Pink, and I love pink! What is your birthday colour and do you wear it on your birthday?   Check this link if you're not sure what day you were born: http://www.mathsisfun.com/games/dayofweek.html.



12 comments:

  1. My birthday color is purple. I really love to wear all colors, I don't have a favorite. Lately, I notice I have been wearing a lot more red and pastels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie - I love all colours too, but do like noticeable colours more.

      Delete
  2. I was born on a Sunday, which must be why I like my red jeans so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a good shape for red jeans Terri - nice and slim!

      Delete
  3. Hey, my birthday color is pink too! I was actually addicted to it about 2 years ago and had to wean myself off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila - haha, I'm still addicted, and in a houseful of boys, it's my "assigned" colour.

      Delete
  4. I wish my birthday color was pink! But as a hard workin' Saturday girl it means purple and black are my colors. Pretty easy to work into an outfit, anyway, I may try that out. Thanks for stopping by my blog, it's so nice to get feedback and check out new blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'll keep an eye out for the purple. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. ...tried out the birthday math link and tested it out with the bdays that for which I know the days of the week and it jibed (of course!!!). My Thursday orange seems to be true for some of my favourite clothing do have that colour even though I am more a navy blue or black person...

    Love Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh! didn't know you were a Thursdays' Child! I guess "far to go" does have a ring of truth doesn't it?

      Delete
  6. Just a thought for all visual artists, crafters and writers too. I love your gallery, but it would have been better if you'd given credit for each image that you borrowed from the web. That is the problem with Pinterest.com now, users clipping images from all over the web and not linking back to the owners of the images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi: You are quite right, of course.
      I wasn't sure how to handle this one because some of the pictures were in several locations - and I've seen posts where people say they found it on Google - so that is what I did. I am trying to use only my own pics now, but will definitely try to credit each pic in future posts.

      Delete