Tuesday 1 May 2012

A Purple Sort of Day

When I was little, one of my favourite books was Harold and the Purple Crayon. Harold was a little boy who went around drawing what he needed in his own world - all with a purple crayon.
Pink Calico: Harold and Purple Crayon

I always thought of purple as a regal colour - not sure why because it's blue that is called "royal".

So today I felt rather purple and wore this:

Pink Calico: Purple Outfit

I went against my natural inclination for black and teamed it with a charcoal grey skirt.  This grey skirt has a thrifty story behind it.  I bought it at Costco at full price, but did not take off the tags.  Then, a few weeks later it got reduced to almost 50%, I still had the receipt, so I bought another one and returned the original!

The original plan was to go with a red short sleeved top under the sweater, but I nixed that for long sleeves and wore a red belt instead. 

Pink Calico: Red Belt

I never would've thought red and purple would go, but it looks okay doesn't it?. 

6 comments:

  1. It does look okay and I think the purple is BETTER with charcoal grey. Harold is my all-time favorite children's story because it speaks to the power of imagination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri: I actually like the grey better too - it might be a new goto option for me.

      Delete
  2. Blue and red mixed make purple, so either one of those colors will look ok with it and I can't think of a single color that doesn't go with grey. Looks like you're good all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sheila: Didn't know that about the colours ... will have to try it out. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I love wearing purple and I love this outfit. Can I give you a suggestion that one of my readers just gave me? Can you make your photos larger - I'd like to see more! (When you upload your photo, right click on it and choose large or extra large - I had to have a fellow blogger point this out to me, lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey GQ! You know, when I first started, I think the pictures were even smaller. I'm afraid of using up my allotment of space. haha! but ... will try a bigger size today!

      Delete