Tuesday 8 May 2012

Ostrich Embellishment

As it looks like summer is fast approaching, it's time for a quick refashion.  Take one nubby fringed tank:
Pink Calico: Fringed Tank

Some ostrich trim and 99 cent thread:
Pink Calico: ostrich trim

Pink Calico: Thread Cone

Sew by hand, et voila!
Pink Calico: Fringed Tank After

I wasn't sure if I would need more trim, so soaked it to see how it would hang after a wash:
Pink Calico: Fringed Tank After


Project Post-mortem:

  • Perhaps add additional trim just at the top of the shoulders
  • and maybe one layer at the back of the neck
Hopefully we will have some warm sunny days so I can wear this!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Shey! Still learning this refashioning thing, but think it turned out okay.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Shey and she knows what she's taking about .I love seeing things transformed like this.Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! and thanks for taking the time to drop by and comment too. I'm hoping to wear it when it gets hotter.

      Delete