Friday 23 December 2011

Sweater Dress

It's Fashion Friday again.  Winter has arrived and it is quite cold now. So what do you do when you want warmth, but don't want to look like you're dressed for playing in the snow?  Sweater Dress!

There are cute sweater dresses on sale at Ralph Lauren - although for me, the price is still too high:

Ralph Lauren Sweater Dress
Sweater dresses are great for the cold.  You can wear them as is, or if it's freezing out, you can add vests, cardigans or jackets over top for extra warmth, and they still look work-appropriate.  I really like the extra long one, but I think after 8 hours sitting at a desk, they would get baggy knees, so the best buy is likely the shorter one.

I just happen to have 3 in my closet which I have been wanting to not refashion, but adjust.  They are a modified tunic style, slightly more casual as they have pockets, but which might look better with the waist taken in.  Unfortunately, every photo I took today has come out fuzzy, must be the late nights of  Christmas planning taking it's toll.  But here's a pic instead:

Sweater Dress


Sweater Dress
They are about 3 or 4 years old now, and it's time to refresh them.

0 thoughts, what do you think?:

Post a Comment