This post is just about a very easy fix to my aprons. The first apron was from the as-is department at IKEA. It's the one where the strap goes through a tube and forms both the neck strap and the waist ties. It was missing the strap, but was a very nice thick fabric and sort of masculine looking. I got some curtain tie-backs and just stitched them in place.
Here's how it looks:
The other one I got as a gift. I'm not sure how it started but one day people started giving me cow-themed items, and the cow apron was one such gift.
The apron had a giant pocket along the hem which I didn't really use, but the pocket just seemed too big. So finally one day I just stitched it into small pockets et voila.
I talked Big J into modelling the apron:
I still don't use the pockets, but at least they are a little more serviceable now.