Tuesday 6 December 2011

Butcher Aprons

This post is just about a very easy fix to my aprons.  The first apron was from the as-is department at IKEA.  It's the one where the strap goes through a tube and forms both the neck strap and the waist ties.  It was missing the strap, but was a very nice thick fabric and sort of masculine looking.  I got some curtain tie-backs and just stitched them in place.

Apron Refashion

Apron Refashion

 Here's how it looks:
Apron Refashion

The other one I got as a gift. I'm not sure how it started but one day people started giving me cow-themed items, and the cow apron was one such gift.

The apron had a giant pocket along the hem which I didn't really use, but the pocket just seemed too big.  So finally one day I just stitched it into small pockets et voila.

Apron Refashion

Apron Refashion

 I talked Big J into modelling the apron:
Apron Refashion

 I still don't use the pockets, but at least they are a little more serviceable now.

0 thoughts, what do you think?:

Post a Comment