Monday 12 December 2011

Everything's Rosy

Do you love cardigans?  I do.  They're really versatile, and if they're thin, can add just a bit of warmth or extra coverage without excess bulk.

I have an old elbow-sleeve cardigan which I hardly ever wear.  It has a matching tank top but just feels plain and slightly old-ladyish.

My favourite notions store had a length of rose embellishment which I'd had my eye on for some time, but it was $1.98 and I wasn't quite sure what to do with it.  It was quite pricey not because of the price but it just looked like some odd bits of fabric sewn on to a bit of netting - it looked like a more creative person than me could make one for 27 cents.

Then, the notions store had a 50% off sale, so I broke down and bought one. I took it home right away and hand-stitched it in place et voila!  It took about 1/2 an hour.

Rose Embellished Cardigan Refashion
 Here's a close-up of the neck area:
Rose Embellished Cardigan Refashion
See what I mean about the bits of fabric sewn to netting? I think it turned out okay though. I'm considering adding it to the tank top too but am not sure how that would look under the cardigan.  It might be lumpy.

A craftier person could probably make their own twirly roses, but for 99 cents, I'm not complaining.

0 thoughts, what do you think?:

Post a Comment