Monday 13 February 2012

Meeting Clothes

Today I spent the whole day sitting in a council meeting listening to reports and voting on budgets. Since I didn't have to go to the office, I got to wear jeans and Docs - this time the 8-hole ones.
what i wore
No leaves on our trees yet.
It's very hard to see, but the scarf is the one I made myself. The same one from the Scarf Ace post.  Here is a close-up:
scarf
It has yellow, white, black and grey circles and has a silky charmeuse-y feel to it.  Although I think it's just polyester.

The top I love for the interesting pattern and buttons:
patterned top

When I got this, the armholes were uncomfortably small, so I had to alter it slightly.  I just sliced them up a tad, and tacked the extra bits in place: 
armhole alteration
Outlined the extra bits in red.

It probably could've been done a little more professionally, but I didn't really know how and who's going to look under your arm anyway?

There were also too few buttons, so I added one of those sew-on snaps to the bottom, but it kept unsnapping and in the end, I had to just safety-pin it in place:
snaps
The snaps are circled and the arrow shows the safety pin.
So finally got to wear fewer layers as it's starting to warm up.  Spring is coming!

7 comments:

  1. You are very creative in making your blouse work for you, Narda, great job! Thanks so much for linking up to Visible Monday, and have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti! It was a very sit-down Monday too.

      Delete
  2. wow! good job Tita, I never can sew :-) Visiting from MYM, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/catching-up-some-tickets-inside-the-ticket-buster.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess, Thanks for the visit. I checked out a couple of your blogs too!

      Delete
  3. happy to visit here
    from Turkey hugs

    http://lunatic.skynetblogs.be

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's nice to have jeans on for a day if you always have to be dressed up for work! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Emille! You have a super-lovely blog btw.

      Delete