Sunday 5 February 2012

Jurassic Park Revisited

This weekend's thrifty savings post is about an enjoyable movie outing with my younger son. One of his favourite movies is Jurassic Park. It came out before Big J and I were even married, so he's never ever seen it on the big screen. But we've all seen it hundreds of times on vhs and dvd.

It just so happened that the cineplex odeon chain was holding a digital screening of old movie classics. They have old movies that have been put onto computer and cleaned up so there are no scratches or anything.

They had a one-time showing of Jurassic Park and it was only 5.99 to get in. We had to go into town, and were planning on taking transit, but traffic was so bad that Big J drove us all the way into the city. A good thing too, we got there with about 1/2 an hour to spare, instead of 10 minutes ahead.

And, just after I bought our tickets, our cashier announced that the movie was SOLD OUT !!! Talk about cutting it close!

Scotiabank Theatre

The weird thing was that the popcorn and drink (my son & I shared a big one) cost more than the tickets! I guess that's how they make their money. It was a great time though, lots of dinosaur fans - some people brought along their Jurassic Park stuffed animals! and they had a trivia question for a gift card.

My son loved it, we had good seats, and I thought the movie was much scarier due to the heart-pounding noise which you don't get at home. It was a great time and not overly expensive.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Bailey: You are the first book blogger I'm following. I looove to read too and in addition to my own books, also read my kid's too (if they sound good).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, following from the blog hope!
    Love the blog (:
    Would you care to follow back?

    http://www.countryliving-productreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krystimarie: Why yes! Wish I'd heard of some of those products you review when my kids were younger.

      Delete
  3. ...glad that you and littlest J had such a good time with JPark... wish I could have been there with you guys... xoxoxox love and kisses...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know if the theatre was around when you guys were here, it's right on Burrard and has about 10 cinemas.

      Delete