Wednesday 17 October 2012

Basic Black with Colour

Today's outfit consists of mainly basic black.  I had a lot of meetings and you can never tell with meeting rooms whether it's going to be too cold or too hot.

Pink Calico - Black Colour Tie

Better to be prepared for either situation.  The solution of course was lots of layers.  I wanted something that I could sit in all day but be able to easily adjust the temperature by removing a jacket if need be.

Pink Calico - Black Colour Tie

I did not actually wear the boots all day.  I switched at work to my Monk shoes - there's a photo in this post.

I'm not sure if I like this a-line style of skirt; it seems to require something other than a jacket on top - perhaps something more feminine.

Pink Calico - Black Colour Tie

In the end, it looked a little too tame, so I added my multi-colour paisley scarf.  There was quite a mixture of textures and patterns by the time it was all put together.
Pink Calico - Black Colour Tie

today i wore:
flower shirt ... jacob
pullover ... george
scarf ... ?
jacket ... lady hathaway
skirt ... della spiga
shoes (not shown) ... docs

4 comments:

  1. I think the skirt is lovely, the tweed like look and the A-line. Your legs look great with it. The boots do help too of course, they're just what I want for myself!

    The polka dots with the colourful scarf is really fun, but maybe the waistline of the top is too low for this skirt? I think the style of the jacket is fine with this skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The boots are from Spain - closer to your neck of the woods. I think you are right about the waistline of the top - the skirt actually looks good with something tucked in.

      Delete
  2. Narda, I'm with you on the temperature situation. You can never tell what it's going to be like in the office.
    I really like how the polka dots from your blouse peek out underneath your sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sheila! I wasn't sure if it would be too much, but it adds some interest.

      Delete