Thursday 27 September 2012

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

It was back to the dentist today to see how the bone graft went.  Since they started growing the bone, I've been taking vitamin C; for scurvy I suppose. They took some x-rays and announced that all is well - the bone is there and I can go back in a couple of weeks to get another post.  I can't believe that it's been about 5 months since the fateful fall and we are still working on my teeth! 

My original thought for today's outfit was something warm - I was going to wear my Bianca Nygard little old lady vest but forgot that I gave away the blouse which I usually wear under it.

So, instead:

Pink Calico - Pink and Black

The top has, to my mind, a rather low neckline, so I tried tying the scarf a little differently today.

Pink Calico - Pink and Black

It's hard to see, but the scarf actually has little circles all over it too just like the top.

Pink Calico - Pink and Black

Today I wore:
circles top ... george
cardigan ... rino rossi
knit skirt ... kenneth cole
cable tights ... dollar store
shoes ... payless
scarf ... ?

So the other thing is that today is the start of the mid-autumn festival which to those of us in Lotusland means mooncakes!

Pink Calico - Mooncake

Pink Calico - Mooncake

Mid-autumn is an important festival in much of Asia, but our family being a hybrid of more than one culture generally sticks to just eating the cakes.  Good thing too since mooncakes are packed with calories.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey SixBalloons! Thanks for visiting and commenting! I've visited your blog too and you have a new follower in me!

      Delete
  2. Looking good!!! So are the moon cakes... miss eating them!!! Guess I could probably buy some in Barcelona or in Tarragona but I did not check my Chinese calendar and completely missed out on the Festival... :(

    Glad that the bone is growing fine!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of people took the day off for festivities. We even got mooncakes at work.

      Yes - the bone is coming back, so pretty soon we can continue the work.

      Delete
  3. You look very lovely in black with pink! It's great to see circle print instead of the dots that are everywhere these days. Will you be done with the dentist then, in a few weeks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love black and pink.

      As for the teeth, no, I go back in just over a month to have some more surgery and then the next part starts which will probably go into next year.

      Who knew that falling down would cause so much dental work?

      Delete