I have quite a few purses and usually try to use a different one every few days. When I kept coming back to this one, it got me thinking why do I like it so much? What makes a great purse?
Your must-haves for a purse might be different, but for me, I think a great purse should have the following characteristics:
- Size: a purse should be big, not briefcase big, but big enough to hold a duo-tang - I have lots of stuff I like to carry around with me.
- Have some outside pockets, with zippers or snaps so I can get at my transit pass, and access card without having to open the purse itself.
- Have a zip top closure - I don't like it when things can fall out.
- Have a few pockets on the inside - both zippered and non for pens, gum, candy and what have you
- Be a handbag - I like the practicality of a messenger style bag, but nothing beats the look of a handbag; ideally the handles should be long enough to slip over my shoulder when I have a coat on
- Be able to stand up to a few drops of rain - Lotusland is wet
Luckily the ripped piece was in the desk drawer, so I slipped it into my wallet for repair later. I used that Weld-Bond non-toxic glue again.
Here's the before:
And here's the after:
It's not perfect, but you have to look quite closely to see that it's been fixed! Not bad.