Wednesday 11 July 2012

Bright Yet Dark

It is 9 months and counting before we are all laid-off; although it's sunshine and cloud-free skies outside, many people are downright gloomy on the inside.  And so we come to today's outfit.  It's a mix of bright and dark - perfect considering.


I really wanted to wear this magenta tank, but it seemed overly bare for work, so I put a sleeveless black tee under it and then a short cardie overtop. I liked how the tee made a smooth waistband for the skirt (the skirt actually has belt loops).


The tank was only $3.00 ? new a few years ago at Old Navy - yes, Old Navy, but I liked the colour and the satiny-ness, and the little ruffles, and the elastic at the waist.  I thought it would be good for a hot day, with a tee underneath; but then, just in case I put a scarf over it all.  Not sure if it looks better with or without the scarf.




What do you think? Trying out another poll. Thanks for participating!









2 comments:

  1. This raspberry color is really good on you. I'd be a nervous wreck if I knew my job would dry up in such a short time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri - yes, I am a bit worried but it's out of my control, so I try not to stress about it.

      Delete