Tuesday 10 July 2012

Ruffled Denim Skirt

I'd completely forgotten about this skirt until today.  I found it while rummaging around in the closet for something to wear.  It's an Ann Taylor Loft skirt that I found several years ago.  
Pink Calico: Ann Taylor Loft

I must admit that I love Ann Taylor clothing.  All the items I have fit very well, no gaping, bagging or sagging.

What caught my eye on this skirt were all the details:
  • a ruffle - but not just any ruffle - this one has stitched down pleats
  • peak-a-boo trim
  • lace
Pink Calico: Ann Taylor Loft

It was hot enough to go tightless - so you see actual legs for once.

Originally I was going to go beltless like this:
Pink Calico: Ann Taylor Loft

But it felt very long-bodied so not having an appropriately coloured belt, I added the scarf.
Pink Calico: Ann Taylor Loft

Which one do you like better? I'm trying out a poll. Thanks for participating!








2 comments:

  1. The scarf was a good idea. Like you, I share your love for Anne Taylor pieces. In fact, just today I thrifted a new-to-me Anne Taylor jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Terri: I really didn't know if the scarf looked too pirate like or not and in the end just felt more comfortable without a long expanse of body. Can't wait to see your jacket!

      Delete