Thursday 28 June 2012

Snake Print and Fish

Pink Calico - Snake Skirt

Aaaarrrrrrgh!  This is a bit of a rant post.

Have just spent half an hour talking to someone at the UPS call centre.  We were not home to receive a parcel yesterday and I called last night to have it delivered today between 9am and 4:30pm.  When it didn't come, I called at 5:15 and was assured by a nice lady that it had been put on the truck in the morning and should be arriving tonight before 7:30pm, and if not I could phone to have it delivered at a specific time.

I knew deliveries stop at 7pm, so called again when nothing came.  This time the call got routed to the Philippines and the CSR said there was a problem with my address.  I told him it was always the same driver and he knew our house.  Then he said the package never made it onto the truck that day - this was contrary to what the nice lady said earlier, so I asked if the item had been put on the truck in the morning how could it not be on the truck now?

So much discussion later: do we live in a house?  yes.  there is only one door.  the address is right on the front gate.  in big numbers.  - I was told someone would phone between 9am and 11am tomorrow!  I asked about the 2 day delivery since it was the 2nd day now and was told that it was delivered just I wasn't there to receive it.  How could it have been delivered if I don't have it yet ?!?

So long story short - if it doesn't come tomorrow, we won't get it until Tuesday.  Aaaarrrrrrgh!  I expect too much.

Today we had a lovely sushi lunch at work so I wore something with a bit of room for expansion - the altered by me snake print skirt.  My plan was to wear it with a big overtop but at the last minute I decided to go with a belt and t-shirt.
Pink Calico - Snake Skirt
Just made it before the rain started full blast.

The belt came with the pair of jeans which got turned into a bag. It is actually quite blingey so I kept it for accessorizing.  I don't have a closeup, but I think you can click on the pic below to upsize it:

Pink Calico - Snake Skirt

6 comments:

  1. I know what you're going through! UPS has dropped the ball sooooo many times with me I try to go FedEx whenever I can. Also, if you really want your package, it often easier to pick it up at the UPS outlet yourself, which I think is their intention - to have you do the work for them. Good luck! And don't worry, you'll eventually get your goodies. And despite the hassles, you still have a great smile in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have picked up stuff before in Richmond - and someone said you could also have them deliver to a UPS "store" near your home (for an additional fee).

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty smile. It says nothing can go wrong, and if it does, it will be alright anyway. Like now. Sometimes people on the phone say assumptions, rather than researched truths right? I hate seeking confirmations over the phone. *sigh*

    Very nice pic with your children. And I like the birdhouses, AND your blingy belt. You do snake so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandi! The dogos as we call them are in most of the shots - so I have to crop quite closely. Our yard is almost a jungle so we have lots of small birds, squirrels, the odd skunk or raccoon. A big heron comes to visit sometimes too - but he eats all the fish.

      Delete
  3. Hope your package has arrived by now. We have mix-ups like this all the time at our house. My home is divided into apartments and sometimes the driver does nothing but knock softly and then leave a notice. They are too busy to hang around until we can open the door.

    I like the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri, Our package did arrive ... and yes! I'm sure the drivers sometimes don't even knock. Maybe they have too many packages to deliver in too little time.

      Delete