Saturday 26 November 2011

A Weighty Issue

One of my other "interests" if you can call it that is trying to get back to what I consider a normal weight.  My doctor would love it if I lost about 30 pounds and I would too.  I'm currently at a hefty 158 pounds !!!! (almost 72 kilos or 11 stone).  This is way too much for my height and frame, so, I've set myself a goal that by the time I'm laid off (see the layoff counter above my pic) I'll be back to a svelte 128 pounds (58 kilos or 9 stone).


This sounds easy, because there's more than a year's time to do it, but what with goodie days at work, too few hours in the day and lack of willpower it's going to be a challenge.

Here's my weight loss plan:
  • Walk as much as possible.
  • Do wii-fit on the weekends.
  • Do a daily 40 minute workout on the elliptical trainer.
  • Healthier eating

So today, I had a dental appointment and instead of getting a ride home from my husband Big J, I walked for 30 minutes at a fast clip. 

The hard part for me will be the time to do the workouts and the healthy eating.  While I love fruit and veggies, I also love breads, cheeses, chips and other calorie-laden foods.

I'm hoping to record my progress on the weekends, so that by the time Spring 2013 rolls around I'll be back to a slim-trim me.

Benefits for me:
  • Better health, increased vitality
  • Clothes will fit and look better
  • Easier to run away from bad-guys!
Wish me luck!

0 thoughts, what do you think?:

Post a Comment