Monday 28 November 2011

Bag Lady

One of my kids made a pair of elastic waist shorts in school.  Yes, boys learn to sew in school now.  My other son made a backpack style gym bag!  They probably both sew better than me - at least they sew straight.

Anyway, there was some leftover fabric, so I thought I'd try to make a draw-string  lunch bag.  For me, the hardest part was figuring out how to sew the tube bit that the cord is pulled through.  I think it looks great:
Bag Refashion

Since then, I've made another lunch bag with an oddly shaped piece of fabric which I had to sew into the correct shape first:
Bag Refashion

and quite a few bags to hold freshly baked bread. I use new tea towels.  Here's one:
Bag Refashion

The bread bag idea I got in Spain.  I remember when I was there that some people would take a bag to the bakery and come back with it full of fresh bread.

I'm still not very good at making these bags.  The corners are always lumpy, it's hard to find a suitable cord and I never know how long of a cord to use.

1 comment:

  1. ...like that first one, so colourful and vibrant!!!

    :) xoxoxox love Mom

    ReplyDelete