Friday 20 April 2012

Utilitarian

Having a big bandage round my knee today, I thought it would be best to wear jeans.  And then I got to thinking about possibly tripping and falling down again - I'm a bit of a worrywart, so I dressed in what I call "ropa de guerra" or war clothes.

So today's outfit is very utilitarian: shirt, jacket and jeans.


I should've gone for even wider leg jeans as the fabric kept catching on the bandage causing it to scrape against the wound.

I wore my Spanish shortie boots again for sure-footedness, and actually walked quite slowly today with an eye on the ground.  Of course, nothing happened.

There was a huge crowd downtown though for the 4:20 event; I saw a lot more security people standing around. You could actually see a cloud of smoke from my office building.  Our office celebrated a baby and we had ice-cream instead.  Yum.

6 comments:

  1. glad you're okay despite the fall/trip on that tie. love the jacket and the boots! thanks for your comment on my post, narda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mai! I thought your post really makes us pause to think.

      Delete
  2. Love this jacket!! Hope u r doing well! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Let's Twitter Together
    NY Style Examiner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jyoti: I'm feeling much better and can bend my knee more now!

      Delete
  3. Well, I'm glad you had no more falls! If the true were known, outfits like this are my preferred wear for every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri: Me too, sometimes. Although now with the blog I'm trying to wear something other than jeans and a jacket, at least some of the time.

      Delete