Sunday 15 April 2012

Garage Sale Indecision

Our town is having one of those city-wide garage sales next weekend and although I haven't officially signed up, I am hemming and hawing over whether or not to haul stuff out for sale.

The pros:
1) Clear out the stuff
2) Make a bit of money
3) Lots of buyers making the rounds

The cons:
1) No time to get ready
2) Everyone else is selling that day
3) Bad guys casing out the place

Big J thinks I should wait until we have more time to prepare and for a date with fewer sellers. Being a bit of a procrastinator, I have a feeling the garage sale date will come and go and I will be thinking "maybe next year".

I do occasionally like to check out garage sales, as does my Mom, and in fact my Mom has a lovely collection of brass knick knacks many of which are garage sale finds. You never know what you might find.

Someone in our neck of the woods found this at a garage sale:


For the paltry sum of $100, this person walked away with 2 paintings which may be valued at over $200,000 !!!  Here is the news story: Garage Sale Find.

Being a thrifty person I don't like to shell out a lot of money for anything.  Big J and I were talking about this and decided these happy accidents would never happen to us because we would hesitate on the price and everyone knows about he who hesitates.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't it? Wouldn't that be a fabulous surprise? Thanks for visiting and commenting.

      Delete
  2. Our city wide garage sale was this very weekend. I didn't get out and go to any because the weather (Kansas) didn't seem to suggest it was a very good idea. I say do a garage sale on your own schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Terri: I think you are right. Don't want to be frazzled.

      Delete