Thursday 12 April 2012

Classic But Fun

Although it's warmed up a bit, it's still a bit chilly in the morning and evenings, so today's outfit allowed me to doff the sweater-jacket if need be.


The houndstooth sweater is an old-old one from way back which has held up well.  I tend to forget that it's in the closet because it's hanging with the suit jackets which are hardly ever worn.  It's in better condition than the red one underneath which is literally at least 10 years newer. 


I wore it with another one of those tube waist skirts which have become a go-to item for me.  Tube waists let you enjoy a "comfort waist" without the look of elastic.  The best thing is that the skirt has pockets too.

And the fun item for today is the hair ornament.  If you look closely you can see that the red and clear ones are little Mickey Mouse heads!


4 comments:

  1. Hey Narda!

    Love this classical color combination along with a classic print sweater! I can't believe how old that sweater is, it looks to be in such great condition! It's so cool to have pieces last so long :)

    Really like your hair ornament too!

    - Josie :: http://8bitgrayscale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie! Have to admit that I have a few Mickey Mouse and Teddy Bear ornaments. I like wearing them with serious outfits to see if anyone notices.

      Delete
  2. I always love outfits of black and red and white. And the checked sweater is a piece you need to wear more often. It would go with lots of color combos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Terri! I did used to wear it a lot sometimes with turquoise and sometimes with yellow, but I get in a rut and tend to gravitate towards the same things day after day.

      Delete